Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Feedyard Controller.
What’s in it for you:
- Be an integral part of the management team
- Work side-by-side with some the industry's best leaders
- Be a change agent and develop leadership skills in the agriculture industry
What you will be doing:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, coordination of annual audit, preparation of annual shareholder report and budget
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are in place and followed; review transactions to ensure internal control standards are met
- Recommend cost-containment strategies
- Provide the financial report to owners
- Supervise preparation of annual income tax return
- Manage the company’s insurance plans, including health, property, and workers’ compensation
- Responsible for capital appropriation and approval process, including analysis on proposed purchases, divestitures and major acquisitions including lease vs. purchase, return on investment studies, paybacks and alternative considerations
- Coordinates the preparation of the annual capital expenditure budget and long term outlook and maintains the fixed asset list and related depreciation schedules for financial reporting and income tax purposes
- Develops and maintains relationships with lending institutions and determines proper level of financing, term and any renewals
- Assure all loan covenants are in compliance and develops all internal controls with regard to treasury management functions
- Oversees employee recruiting, performance evaluation, and compensation and benefit programs of the company
- Provides input and responds to guidance, vision, and direction with General Manager and Ownership Group regarding projects, strategies, business opportunities and various problems and issues
A successful candidate for the Feedyard Controller will possess the following:
- 10+ years in a management role, including financial, for the cattle feeding industry
- CPA license preferred
- MBA a plus
- Ability to lead people and be part of a team
Compensation: Compensation will be determined on experience.
Benefits: The Feedyard Controller position includes a solid benefits package with the potential for profit sharing.
Desired Location: This position is located in the Texas panhandle.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Controller job.