Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Desert SW, AZ
Agronomic Manager - Desert Southwest Region
We are pleased to present this fantastic opportunity! Do you have Farm Management experience, Ag Retail Management experience, Agribusiness, Soil Science, or Precision Ag experience? Strong connections in the Produce Industry would be a plus!
Our client has been in business for over 140 years and is deeply entrenched in Agriculture. They are expanding their operations nationwide by purchasing land and working closely with the farmers on that land to improve value and crop production. This role would be part of a high-energy farm management team and would perform agronomy and account management responsibilities within the geography of the Desert Southwest. One would need to live in Desert Southwest Region - NO EXCEPTIONS!
Key Responsibilities for the Regional Agronomic Account Manager
- Build strong relationships with farm managers and staff
- Collaborate with and provide agronomic consulting to farm operators and their crop scouts or production consultants
- Closely interact with Precision ag vendors, basic manufacturers, and retail distribution contacts
- Participate in building and managing annual farm production plans
- Lead creation of long range business plans and supervise execution of capital projects and expenditures
- Coordinate crop production and operational data management efforts
- Share best practices across farms
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’ s degree / Master’ s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Agribusiness, Crop Science, Soil Science or related fields. Minimum 5 years work experience in Ag related fields. Certified Crop Advisor or related qualifications.
Competencies / Key Requirements
- Excellent people, communication, presentation, team building skills
- Strong computer skills including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access
- Critical thinking / analytical skills
- Financial modeling ability for tracking production variables
- Effectively demonstrate self-motivation, initiative, results orientation
- Agility - effectively operate in fast-paced changing environment
- Thorough understanding of agronomy, crop production, irrigation, Precision Ag techniques and practices
Keywords: agronomy, crop production, irrigation, Precision Ag techniques, Ag Retail Management, Crop Advisor, Farm Management, produce
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Regional Agronomic Account Manager job.