Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
North Western, KY US
Precision Agronomist - North West Kentucky
Ag 1 Source is looking for Precision Agronomists to join the team of an exciting agronomy service organization that is quickly becoming one of the most recognized crop consulting and data services organizations in the Midwest. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an organization that is quickly establishing themselves as an industry leader with an accomplished and corn-belt based leadership team, a proprietary set of tools, and resources based on local research. The Precision Agronomist is a consultative role where you can utilize your passion for helping growers to rapidly establish yourself as a leader in the market. The Precision Agronomist provides top growers with industry-leading advice, traditional agronomic strategies, digital products, research data, and an environmental focus.
What’s in it for you:
- Be part of an innovative and customer focused team in one of the fastest growing, ag technology companies in North America.
- Use your connections to build a successful territory within an hour of your home.
- Uncapped income potential with opportunities to advance your level of responsibility and career.
- Become a market leader in your region with access to world-class tools, local research, and technical resources.
What you will be doing:
- Establish your territory by leveraging existing relationships and developing new connections.
- Enable your customers to improve their operations by using your advice and proprietary information to make better decisions.
- Provide weekly updates and information.
- Provide test plots and demonstration plats.
- Crop scouting.
- Collecting and leveraging spatial data.
- Farm planning and rotation strategies.
- Product and resource positioning.
- Fertility, crop protection, seed, crop health, and production practice recommendations and prescriptions.
- Annual data reviews.
- Oversee seasonal interns who will assist you in your territory.
- Work with research team to establish research projects in your area.
A successful candidate for the Precision Agronomist will possess the following:
- Four-year bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Business or related field with 2 years experience, or an associates degree with 5 years experience.
- A current CCA or willingness to obtain a CCA within 1 year of employment.
- A passion for exceeding customer needs and the ability to influence to close the sale and help customers to make optimal decisions.
- Working knowledge of precision farming tools and practices is preferred.
- Comfortable with challenging customers and playing the role of a change agent to help them improve their operations.
- Strong listening skills to carefully and effectively appreciate unique customer needs and align them into compelling value propositions.
- Oral communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
Compensation: Compensation is based on experience, existing relationships, and overall market potential. A candidate with 2-5 years of experience can typically earn a $60,000-$80,000 base salary, while 5+ year candidates can have a base up to $110,000. In addition to the base salary, all agronomists have the ability to earn an uncapped bonus based on the growth of the territory and maintenance of existing customers.
Benefits: This organization offers comprehensive and flexible benefits for all employees.
Desired Location: This organization is seeking a Precision Agronomist in North Western KY - preferred area would be Daviess Co, Henderson County, Union Counties or surrounding areas. The territory based on a one-hour radius from the candidate’s home. Therefore, ideal locations are based on where you, the ideal candidate, currently live!
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Precision Agronomist job.