Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Precision Ag Field Manager
Precision Ag Field Manager - West TN
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Precision Ag Field Manager to join a well established business to support the precision ag business their clients require. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about precision ag, data, technology, hardware and software and loves helping with farmers and others learn how these tools can help them be more profitable. This role is all encompassing in regards to all things agronomy related to precision ag, so we need someone who isn't afraid to go out and get dirty taking soil samples, as well as processing all the data, writing variable rate prescriptions, making maps, working closely with the farmers, and really just doing whatever is needed to get the job done. A strong work ethic and the knowledge that this is a seasonal industry. Some times of the year there will be many long hours and other times it is not as demanding.
This is not a role for a recent grad. We need someone with a minimum of 2 years of experience working in some type of precision ag role, a strong agronomy understanding, a real passion for all things precision ag and an interest in working directly with farmers.
This is not a sales role. This Precision Ag Field Manager will primarily being supporting an established customer base. Of course, gaining new business is always a plus, but that is not your main focus. Providing excellent service and support to the farmers is your number one goal.
What's in it for you:
- The opportunity to focus only on all things precision ag and support your customers. No added stress from trying to sell, upsell, or gain new business.
- The ability to be home based and travel daily within your area in West Tennessee.
- The opportunity to be outside with limited time in an office.
- Be a part of a well respected business that continues to grow.
What you will be doing:
- Access and collect all relevant data including yield maps, soil maps, etc.
- Process and analyze relevant on-farm data
- Provide excellent customer service to growers
- Answer grower inquiries and provide troubleshooting advice to growers as needed
- Understand how to read soil test data
- Ability to write RX prescriptions
- Be the go-to expert on all things precision ag
- Take and process soil samples
- Overall agronomic support as needed
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- 2 years or more working with precision ag products, preferably in an agronomy focused business as opposed to just the hardware side of the business
- Very strong computer and overall technology skills
- Bachelor's degree or suitable experience required
- Passion to work with farmers
- Solid work ethic and ability to be self-motivated
Compensation: This role will depend upon experience, but targeted base salary of $30-$50K with a strong upside potential once one has proven themselves
Benefits: Health insurance, phone, computer, vehicle reimbursement
Desired Location: West Tennessee with a preference to be in or near Dyersburg, TN
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002. Our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but you are still open to exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Precision Ag Field Manager job.