Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Operations Manager - MO
Kansas City, MO 64101
Operations Manager - MO
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Operations Manager to manage the entire operations side of an seed/grain facility covering a territory of Eastern Kansas and into Western Missouri. This is a well established seed/grain company that is consistently growing and expanding its operation not only in the U.S. but internationally.
What’s in it for you:
- Manage a team of 3 full time people and some part time people that will help during busy times of the season.
- Being able to work with a company that deals with organic/ non-GMO seed and grain for domestic and foreign markets.
- Not only the ability to work with customers on buying grain but also work and understand the operations of the entire facility.
- Creating and implementing strategies for continuous improvement in quality and efficiency for the facility.
What you will be doing:
- Managing the entire operations of a seed/grain facility, from the moment the seed comes across the scale to the moment it is loaded to be exported locally or out of the country.
- One will manage a team and work with that team on grain cleaning and quality.
- Understanding of how a grain facility works and functions on a daily basis, including working in the office, running the scale, running the elevator and selling to customers.
- The Operations Manager will work with another team member to split shifts and make the facility run more efficient.
A successful candidate for this Operations Manager will possess the following:
- Understanding of how a grain and seed facility work and how they are ran.
- Know how to delegate daily operations to a team of employees and make the facility run more efficiently.
- A person that has worked in a grain elevator before will be a must to be successful in this role.
- Someone that has an understanding of merchandising and origination would be a good fit for this role, the Operations Manager will also be talking with the growers and needs to be able to get the grain contracted.
Compensation: For a qualified candidate we are willing to look at a base salary starting at $75K and going up to the upper $85K range.
Benefits: This company will offer a very good starting salary along with a solid benefits package for a qualified Operations Manger.
Desired Location: Ideally someone in the Operations Manager role could live in or around the Kansas City area. But the closer to the plant the better.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Operations Manager job.